Job Opening Details
Manager of Engineering
Flexible spending account
Health savings account
Full Job Description
- Plan, direct and coordinate all engineering and technical support activities
- Verify alternate test equipment and procedures developed by the repair engineering staff follow manufacturer specifications and applicable to the Title 14 of the Code of Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Coordinate engineering and technical support activities with other departments.
- Develop Level 3 sub-assembly repairs and DER Repair Specs.
- Establish methods and procedures for the control of documentation, drawings and software as used in the Engineering and ATE operations, and to ensure that such methods and procedures are in accordance with standard engineering practices.
- Evaluates technical considerations related to tooling and test equipment capital. expenditures before submission for approval by upper management.
- Ensures all engineering and technical support personnel are trained to industry standards.
- Determine the equivalency of any test equipment that is different than that recommended by the manufacturer.
- Complete self-evaluation process before a revision to our capability list is submitted to the Accountable Manager.
- Ensure all test equipment certification procedures and inspection intervals comply with applicable regulations and traceability requirements.
- Other duties as assigned by Management
- Bachelor’s degree Electronics Engineering or related STEM degree field
- 5 years of Engineering related work experience
- Ability to communicate (verbal, oral, written) in English
- Must be able to demonstrate experience in leading a team
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Ability to adapt to change
- Knowledge of aviation products and market
Aero Instruments & Avionics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aero does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.